Sunday, June 8, 2014

Beau's Baptism

I took a whirlwind trip to Florida for Beau's baptism. She's my first Goddaughter, and I am beyond excited and honored. Kristen and Schuyler are from Florida and the priest who married them {and is a childhood friend} was able to baptize her, so this was a very special service.

On the way there, in the Dallas airport, I found this magazine and died. Lonesome Dove is one of my all-time favorite books and movies. It is beyond amazing. If you haven't seen it or read it, it's a MUST do. I am not a huge Western lover, but this is a must, must, must. Haha... Tangent, much? Point being - I took the picture to send to Brent and geek out. {grin}



Kristen's brother, Clay, is Beau's Godfather, and our flights got in about 20 minutes apart, so we got picked up and immediately went to get a drink. Nothing like drinking before a baptism. We're good Catholics if nothing else!


View from our impromptu happy hour

Another really neat thing about Beau's baptism was that she wore Drew's dress. I love that they will share that as Kristen and I force them to be BFFs.

All together with Fr. Nick after the ceremony
{Isn't that blonde-haired, blue-eyed nugget to-die-for?}

Friday was a low-key day because Kristen spent a lot of it working. If you are need a realtor, she is your girl - I mean she worked on vacation! But Friday evening, we went to Pensacola Beach boardwalk and walked around and had drinks and dinner out on the water.

Diesel Fuel drinks and a photo bomb by Sky

Me with my fave!

I flew home early Saturday morning to get home to my babies who I was missing desperately! Drew nursed about a bajillion times on Saturday, so the feeling was mutual, I think. But she and Trent were definitely NOT neglected while I was gone.

Being spoiled rotten by Babs


3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Looks like a fun weekend. Nothing like drinking and being in and around the water!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad you had a nice trip, even if it was super short. It looks like fun!

(I've never seen Lonesome Dove. But I'll remedy that soon, I promise!)

KristenW said...

Best post ever. (biased;)