Monday, May 19, 2014

Pebble Beach 2014

We had such a fun jaunt to California for a long weekend! My in-laws went a few years back and wanted to take us 'kids'. It was a no-kid weekend so my parents kept my rugrats and they had a great time. It was my first time being away from Drew since Trent's hospitalization, so it was definitely time!

We flew in Thursday night and just stayed at a local LaQuinta. Friday morning the guys played golf at Pebble Beach and we ladies went shopping in Monterrey. I'm not a touristy shopper - I don't buy souvenirs {mostly} for myself or anyone else, but I just love to see new places.

The flowers were just insane.
And yes we started the day off with Starbucks!

And some fun drinks were had by all {grin}

Meanwhile at Pebble...here's my honey's tee shot

After shopping, we went to get checked in. We were staying at one of the 2 resorts, The Inn at Spanish Bay. Every night, a Scottish bagpiper plays at sunset. It was so cool...especially for this Outlander lover!


The golfer back from his adventures

Happy to be in paradise!

We sat out by the fire pits for hours...it gets COLD at night but we had so much fun just talking, eating, drinking...

Saturday was more of the same. Golf for the boys and shopping for the girls. This time we were in Carmel...this might be the cutest town I have ever been to. Every house and shop was different and the flowers. THE FLOWERS.

Is this me or what?

My shopping companions

I wanted to move in to all the cute houses.
I call them cute, but they probably cost millions!



The guys played golf at Spyglass on Saturday, and we met them at The Tap Room at Pebble after their round for a drink and walking around the grounds.




Saturday night we hung out at the fire pits again. Sunday morning came all too soon, and we flew home SUPER early. But it was great to get back to our babies who barely noticed we were gone, ha.

The downside was we came home on Brent's birthday - so while he had a great trip, his birthday was spent traveling home and being exhausted. Although after the weekend we had, there were no complaints!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun & well deserved! AP

the blogivers said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Also, I'm laughing how in the last pic, the shadow + your black shirt makes it look like you are with child! :)

Dee Stephens said...

WOW!!!!! That's a pretty special trip.
Playing Pebble Beach is a pretty big deal!!!
One of my good friends got married at the Inn at Spanish Bay a year and 1/2 ago but I was 10-months pregnant so we didn't make it.
Carmel really is one of the cutest towns in America.
It's just chilly and foggy most of the time!
So cool girl!

Anonymous said...

Our rugrats - B

Kathryn Bagley said...

Glad yall got to get away for a weekend! Such a good pic of you and B!!