Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Game of Thrones - Some Nerd Lovin'

A while back, I asked for help deciding which show(s) I should start watching. I wanted to find something Brent and I could watch together. Well, nothing I suggested {or that you lovelies voted on...I loved reading your faves} struck his fancy, so I picked for myself. I went for what my sister is obsessed with... 

Game of Thrones.

The best part for me is this is not only a TV show but also a series of books {5 so far}! Because 1,000 page Outlander books weren't enough {you think I'm kidding, I just started book 6 and it's 1,432 pages}, I added these - book 1 was 801 pages!

Verdict? L.O.V.E.

I have watched all 3 seasons {season 4 will be out in 2014} and read book 1. They are so good! It has everything you could want - romance, intrigue, sex, war, comedy, action. The only hard part for me is that you canNOT get attached to any character - there is a lot of killing going on! I really like how each chapter is told from a different character's point of view {I think book 1 focused on maybe 10 characters} all in different parts of the same story. It is set in a fictional world where there is an underlying magical component, but at it's heart it is just a well-written, GOOD story!


No clue what I'll watch next, but this was definitely a great pick!


0 comments: