Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Great Christmas Card Debacle of 2013

I was so proud of myself. I congratulated myself on my promptness. I patted my back for my foresight... Oh what a fool!

In mid-November, a Groupon caught my eye for cheap Christmas cards through zazzle. I thought why not? On Thanksgiving Day I got a picture of my family and thought yes! That night I went home and created a super cute card. {Although the Thanksgiving photo wasn't quite as cute as I hoped and therefore wasn't the 'center' picture, ha.}

I couldn't believe I had thought about, planned and executed my Christmas card IN November.

And then...my cards were lost in transit. And then zazzle customer service took 48 hours to respond and re-ship a new set of cards. And then both sets of cards came within 24 hours. On December 18 and 19. And to add insult to injury, I didn't even end up with a JPEG of the card and had to create my own {blurry, crappy} one of their 'edit' screen.

I mailed the last of the cards yesterday. December 23.

For what it's worth, I thought the cards turned out great! And I guess I had a little premonition because I didn't get 'Merry Christmas' cards but 'Happy Holiday' ones!{grin}

Wishing you the best!



2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

UGH! SO SORRY about that. My Christmas card wasn't my favorite this year. I cheaped out and did photo paper card instead of stationary. Merry Christmas~

Karen M. Peterson said...

My sister-in-law had so many issues with Zazzle last year. So sorry! But they ARE cute!