Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Book Club Review: Bag of Bones

We had our third book club meeting last week (our last with Kit and Heather, sob), and Rhonda's selection was Stephen King's Bag of Bones.


Summary: A widowed novelist with writer's block returns to his family's summer home where he becomes involved in a custody dispute, discovers that his house is haunted, and mysteriously regains his ability to write. (via my hometown library webpage)


Review: This was the 2nd time I read this book (first time being in college), and I enjoyed it both times.  I didn't realize how much of the story I didn't remember from the first time, so it really wasn't like re-reading a book.  If you like Stephen King, you'll like this book.  I counted and have read 16 Stephen King books and 3 short stories/novellas.  So I might be a little biased. {grin} In typical fashion, this book will give you the creeps.  I don't like when people classify Stephen King as a 'horror' writer, because I don't find his books scary in that way.  They are more subtle - I find myself looking around the empty room and wishing I wasn't reading the book alone...at night...  Ha!  Bottom line - very enjoyable!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

You know I am always on the lookout for a good book! I have already finished two since we've been in Hawaii. We actually found the Lahania library and I am going to go in there today to see if I can get a temp. library card although since I am just on vacation and not a resident I am sure they will say no. But it never hurts to ask. I have definitely cemented my dorkiness with Keith.