Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Us

I am totally copying Erin and Dez because I love doing surveys. :)


What are your middle names?
Brent Joseph
Allena Kathleen (on my birth certificate) or Allena Swope (on my social security card since getting married)...you decide

How long have you been together?
We've been married for just over 5 years, but have been together for a total of almost THIRTEEN YEARS. Wow that seems like forever.

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We knew who the other person was for awhile, but we didn't really KNOW each other until a few months before we got together.

How old are each of you?
We are both 29.

Did you go to the same school?
Same high school but not the same college

Are you from the same home town?
Brent likes to say that he's NOT from Pflugerville, so technically no, but our childhood homes are about 10 miles apart.

Who is the smartest?
I am 'book' smart, Brent is 'real-life' smart. (Brent just told me this answer was stupid.)

Who majored in what?
Brent-General Business
Me-Bachelor degree: Accounting, Master degree: M.I.S.

Who is the most sensitive?
Me by far. I have never seen Brent cry in our 13 years together.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
We don't really eat out much...maybe Chili's (As Brent just said 'We're a food-to-go family.')

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Turks & Caicos for our honeymoon

Who has the worst temper?
I'll totally own that one.

How many children do you want?
I say 3, he says 2...we'll see who wins.

Who does the cooking?
Me, although we don't cook a whole lot.

Who is more social?
Brent is the social butterfly. I love to be with my friends, but I'm much happier being at home and going to sleep early.

Who is the neat freak?
I don't think 'neat freak' would describe either of us, but he is less messy than I am.


Who is the most stubborn?
Brent says I am...he's probably right.

Who wakes up earlier?
6 months ago, we would have had a different answer (always me). Now we both get up early every day with the bebe.

Where was your first date?
We were already technically 'together' (as 'together' as you can be at 16), but we went to see 'Austin Powers' together.

Who has the bigger family?
Immediate family is a tie, extended family is him.

Do you get flowers often?
Not often, but he does surprise me with them, and usually just when I need them. :)

How long did it take to get serious?
Very quickly

Who eats more?
Brent, although my 'breastfeeding diet' is a lot more food than I used to eat.

What do you do for a living?
Brent works for TCEQ (the state environmental agency)
Me-Auditor

Who does the laundry?
Mostly me, but he does his fair share every now and then (except he hardly ever folds).

Who's better with the computer?
We are probably equally adept.

Who drives when you are together?
He does more around town, but we split long trips 50/50.

What is "your" song?
There are too many songs that make me think of him, but our wedding dance song is Alabama's 'There's No Way'.

Do you ever argue?
Not like we used to! Doing long distance for 5 years (all of college) was ROUGH.
Anyone else feel like playing???


4 comments:

A Real Housewife said...

Please tell Brent that I said bald people can't be "real life" smart. ;)

Erin said...

Keep reading those Twilight books and we'll see how many kids you guys end up with.. ;)

STACEY said...

I loved reading this! Y’all are too cute.

Kelly said...

Loved this!!!