Sunday, December 27, 2009

Interesting (To Me, At Least)

Brent and I watched 'White Christmas' last night (yes, I know we were a day late). There was a scene where I distinctly remember thinking how ridiculously skinny Vera Ellen (I forget her character's name - either Betty or Judy) was. After Brittany Murphy's death (that I atribute to anorexia - you should have seen the picture of her in my Us Weekly the week before she died - scary skinny), I was thinking about the pressures to be thin and how, because it was the 1950s, Vera must have just been naturally skinny (even though she looked a little TOO skinny to me). I went on IMDB after the movie and was reading all the actors' bios. Low and behold, in black and white, Vera Ellen suffered from anorexia before there was even a name for it. Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was interesting. I guess women have been beating themselves up longer than I thought over their weight! One of the many joys of breastfeeding? I don't care what I weigh because I need extra calories to make milk. {I might have stretch marks, a muffin top and saggy boobs, but I have an adorable, healthy baby!} In 6 or so months, when I'm done breastfeeding, I'm sure I'll be singing another tune. Now back to my Butterfinger minis and 'The Sound of Music'. :)



0 comments: