Thursday, August 1, 2024

Monthly Musings: Late Summer Fashion and Fun

Summer is winding down here in Texas. We have just under 2 weeks left, and we're trying to enjoy every last moment! I'm going to do this fun questionnaire about late summer fashion and fun!


1. Summer travel - where have you been and what trips are still coming up?

We had our 2nd Swope family vacation to Port Aransas - 
full post to come...eventually! But we had a blast!


We have 1 trip left ~ we are going to Broken Bow, OK with friends {our Ruidoso crew} to do a lot of 'naturey' things - I can't wait!

2. Favorite things you have done so far this summer?

So far, I would say our vacation to Port Aransas. I am so fortunate to love being with my family.

3. Share your go-to outfits this summer.

No different than year-round - workout clothes! Ha! Except I transition from leggings to biker shorts. This summer has been weird without any days over 100 degrees {so far} but it's still very hot and less clothes is better.

Last year in The Grand Canyon but my 'summer uniform' for sure!
I wore this tank top Tuesday, ha.

4. Summer accessories you are never without?

Sunglasses! It is so bright outside that I wear my sunglasses 100% of the time when I'm outside.

My latest Goodr pair

5. Share your go-to shoes this summer.

I got some new Reef flip flops for the pool.
They are so comfy and I am wearing them A LOT!

6. Share anything spontaneous you did this summer. Big or small.

Maybe a little silly but having older kids is really cool.
We decided at the last minute to go out to eat for Father's Day...just us!
We left the kids at home with Trent in charge, and it went great.

I feel like a new phase of life is starting for us!!

7. Have you seen any summer movies this year?

Several! I realized I don't think I posted about taking the girls to see The Garfield Movie, and I just saw Twisters so some posting is to come!


8. Favorite summer sweet treat?

Snow cones!!! Always and forever!

9. Summer slow down or ready for fall?

Summer slow down! The kids start back in less than 2 weeks, and I'm not ready! We've had a really good summer. It's been so fun with the kids home this year - we've had a few camps for the girls, some help from babysitters, time with grandparents. It's been nice. I am not quite ready, although I usually get there, for early alarms and rushing around in the mornings! and not done with swimming and all the summer fun!

10. Ready for back to school, if you have kids in school?

As I said in #9, I'm not quite ready. It is nice to have the house to myself during the work day, but I love the slowness of our summer schedule.



1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Oh I took Nova to see Inside Out 2..she is definitely not ready for movies in a theatre! I've found some new biker shorts I like for running CRZyoga..they are super comfy and always on sale!