Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Double Movie Review: Garfield and Despicable Me 4

I forgot to blog about when we saw The Garfield Movie earlier this summer, and we just saw Despicable Me 4 Friday after school, so I thought a double movie review was in order!


Plot: After Garfield's unexpected reunion with his long-lost father, ragged alley cat Vic, he and his canine friend Odie are forced from their perfectly pampered lives to join Vic on a risky heist.

Review: The kids LOVED this. I thought it was a bit ridiculous although fun too! I did love all the actors they got to voice characters. It just wasn't as 'smart' as some other kid movies are, a little more slapstick humor [which isn't surprising] which isn't my favorite.

Our crew for Garfield!

As a celebration to surviving our first week of school [posts to come soon...], I took the girls to see Despicable Me 4 with some of our neighbors/besties. 


Plot: Gru, Lucy, Margo, Edith, and Agnes welcome a new member to the family, Gru Jr., who is intent on tormenting his dad. Gru faces a new nemesis in Maxime Le Mal and his girlfriend Valentina, and the family is forced to go on the run. 

Review: Probably the weakest in this Despicable Me/Minions world but still fun. Again the kids all really enjoyed it. I liked it a lot, just didn't think it was the best.


2 comments:

lisa Moyer said...

I hope this newest installment of Despicable Me is a good one. I really liked the 2nd and 3rd. Sometimes a movie can run out of good plots after the 2nd time around.

Kathryn Bagley said...

What a fun treat!