Thursday, February 8, 2024

2024 Goals!

Well, once again I'm posting some goals in February ha. I guess I just need extra time to marinate on them and decide! I think I did a good job on my 2023 goals, so it had me energized to try again for a new set.


First off, sometimes I do like to have a word of the year...and when I was in therapy a few weeks ago, a word came to me while I was talking to my therapist. 

PEACEFUL

I don't think peaceful is a word that typically describes me - I am loud, chaotic, explosive, disorganized...the opposite of peaceful. BUT I would like our home to be more peaceful. The mood starts at the top, and I don't exude how I want our house to be!

PERSONAL
1) Stand more. I've heard the expression 'sitting is the new smoking' multiple times. It is so bad for us to sit all day, and I have a job where I SIT ALL DAY. I want a walking desk, but Brent has vetoed that, but at the end of the year, I bought a little contraption to elevate my laptop so that I can stand and work. I'm starting with small increments - stand for this 1 call, stand for 10 minutes, and I want to build up to standing more and more every day. Do I think I'll get to where I stand all day? Probably not. But I can definitely do a lot more than I am now!
2) Play more piano. We got a piano a few years ago, and Drew has been taking lessons for a few years. I will sit down and dabble sometimes, but I want to get in the habit of playing more. I'm pretty rusty, so I'm enjoying using her lesson books, ha.
3) Book goals. I will continue to have specific book goals, but I'm going to do a separate post on that ha.

FAMILY/HOME
1) Organization. We are redecorating a lot of spaces in our house, and it's made me realize we have a lot of clutter. I'm not much of a collector, but after almost 11 years in our house...we've just accumulated a lot of 'stuff'. I also talked to my therapist about this and she gave me some great resources and ideas for tackling our home in manageable increments.
2) Time with Brent. In the evenings, I tend to want to read by myself. Well, that's not conducive to staying connected to your spouse! We started a show together, and while we don't watch together every night, we are spending more time together in the evening.
3) Family vacations. We loved our trips in 2023 {Arizona and Port Aransas with the kids and Las Vegas with friends} and are already planning for 2024. I'm excited to see what we end up doing and memories we make!
4) Incorporate the kids into more chores. This is not a new goal for me, but I haven't done a good job with it ugh. We are fortunate to have a lady who has cleaned for our family for 12+ years, and she is amazing. But that doesn't mean the kids are off the hook for doing anything. I want to work on them keeping their rooms picked up and picking up after themselves throughout the house every day as well as small chores {vacuuming, scrubbing toilets, washing dishes} to teach them some responsibility, help me out, AND make our house look great all the time!

And if you made it through this whole post, your reward is a new picture of Sawyer! 2 months old and getting so fat!



0 comments: