Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Shut Up and Mine With Me!

I had 2 funny things happen in the last few days that reminded me of when Trent and Drew were young, and it felt like the universe was telling me to write them down so I would never forget them...and both have to do with Minecraft {grin}.

Brent and I are redecorating the living room, and I was walking through a furniture store getting ideas [I do so much better when someone brings me 3 things and says 'Pick between these.' I am completely overwhelmed with choices. It is so hard decorating!!] and this song was playing and I recognized but couldn't figure out why I recognized. I kept listening and listening, and it was driving me crazy. And then it hit me. When Trent was hugely into Minecraft, he would listen to parody songs. One was called 'Hypixel Minigames' and was a parody of a 5 Seconds of Summer song called 'She Looks So Perfect'. And for full disclosure I just now knew the actual name of the real song! I literally have never heard the real song - only the parody. So it threw me off to hear the real song and try to place it ha.

If anyone wants to hear the song ha

Then yesterday I was in Jazzercise, and we did a routine to 'Shut Up and Dance With Me' and it reminded me of ANOTHER Minecraft parody called 'Shut Up and Mine With Me'. And the time I was in the grocery store with Drew when she was 2 or 3 and she was singing AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS 'shut up and mine with me!!!' Top notch parenting right there that I never want to forget!


I can definitely say I'm not sad the Minecraft days are behind us, but I hope to never forget these songs. {grin}


0 comments: