Friday, August 26, 2022

Movie Review: Top Gun Maverick

I waited and waited to go see Top Gun Maverick because Brent had been saying for years that he wanted to see it. But then he never would commit to going, sigh. So I decided to go by myself last week!


Plot: After more than thirty years of service as one of the Navy's top aviators, Pete Mitchell is where he belongs, pushing the envelope as a courageous test pilot and dodging advancement in rank that would ground him.

Review: Oh my gosh, I loved this! It was the perfect amount of nostalgic cheesiness BUT also had a good plot that I was very invested in. Lots of great characters, it was funny, it was full of heart, and it also had lots of action and excitement. I'm not surprised it is now one of the all-time top grossing movies! So, so great!!


2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

It was so good!! I wish they would have gone more into the storyline of what happened with his love interest from the first one. I gathered maybe she passed away?

Emily said...

Favorite recent movie to come out in YEARS. I daresay it was almost better than the first - the plot definitely made more sense (the first ends with this random unexpected mission... like ok?). My only gripe is that the romance was completely superfluous; if they removed the romance, the plot would have been the EXACT same, no change, and would have flowed better!