Thursday, August 11, 2022

Broadway Across America: Mean Girls

It's been since before COVID that I have seen a play or musical! Such a tragedy, and one I'm glad to have remedied last week. I was able to go with my mother-in-law and her friends who have season tickets each year. I love that when one of them can't go they offer up the ticket to each other, and I get invited from time-to-time.


 Plot: Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels, the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George.

Review: Wow, was this fantastic! I was a little nervous about how this would play out as a musical, but I had nothing to worry about. The music was GREAT, and this translated really well from movie to stage. It wasn't 100% the same {which it didn't need to be} but the heart of the story was there, and almost 20 years later, it's still such a good story. The cast we saw was extremely diverse, which I loved seeing, and I also thought the way they used LED screens as part of the background was really good. This was truly a top-notch production!!

I've been talking to some friends about getting back to going to the theater more often, and we've got some shows coming up that look great, I'm so excited!



2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Love going to the theatre!! We have a kids theatre and those musicals are so fun!

Emily said...

My friend saw this and said it was fantastic, too! I haven't been to a play in nearly a decade but I'm going to two this fall! My sisters & I are taking my dad to the "Music Man" on Broadway (with Hugh Jackman as lead!) and then I'm going with girlfriends to see "Les Mes" in Philly.