Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Radio Silence

Sorry for disappearing last week. To be totally honest, it wasn't a good week. I just love how I crowed after my 6 week postpartum appointment that I was doing so good. And then life decided I needed a good slap back to reality.

There wasn't anything that happened. I think it's a combination of sleep deprivation and adjusting to having 3 children. I tend to second guess myself a lot when I have a newborn and struggle to find the new normal. Even though I felt I had been doing really good, last week I just felt really anxious and it bubbled over into lots of crying jags. I really don't know how people who have anxiety regularly stand it because what I get with postpartum is just awful.

Luckily, Sunday and Monday were really good days. I don't think I'm totally out of the woods, but I am going to celebrate every day that is good and just focus on knowing that luckily I know the anxiety will eventually go away completely. I don't think I have PPA again, but I am going to continue to watch my feelings, take my supplements, and hope for the best! I am so blessed that Brent, my parents, my in-laws, and my sister are all so fabulous to give me the extra attention and support I need! 

I guess if I have to have anxiety, these stinkers are worth it!



3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

sorry you had a rough few days :( but those kids sure are cute!!

Emily said...

I too disappeared for a bit but mine was "fed up with political stuff" rather than postpartum. I'm always impressed you make time to blog with a little one! Keep up the good work of taking care of yourself and I hope your anxiety levels out!

Karen Peterson said...

I hope you're doing better. I think it's a tough time for a lot of people in general. I can't imagine dealing with all the crap in the world and having to worry about postpartum on top of it. You're a rock star!