Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Grow Baby Grow {Paige} - 1 Month!

Little Miss Paige - as of Saturday, you are a month old! I can't believe it. Part of me can't believe it and part of me feels like you've been in our family forever. We couldn't love you more!

Stats:
Weight: about 11.5 pounds, taken on our home scale {99%}
Diaper size: size 1, haven't done cloth yet
Clothes: size 0-3 months



I would say Paige is the kid in between her brother and sister's temperament. She isn't as chill as Trent was as a baby, but she isn't as bad as her sister. She has an evening fussy period right before bed where nothing really consoles her. Brent and I just pass her back and forth trying to make her happy.

Her umbilical cord stump fell off at 9 days.

She LOVES the rain sound on my app and her sound machine. That can definitely settle her down. She also uses a pacifier. The first week or so she didn't seem to need to suck, and we tried it one night during her 'witching hour' and it worked. She isn't obsessed with it, but it definitely can help to settle her down.

During the day Paige has about 3 wakeful periods and spends the rest of the day sleeping - either on me or on our ottoman. She is sleeping in the rock 'n play in our closet at night swaddled. We tried 4 different swaddles before settling on one that seems to work best. She ended her first month waking up once a night. Yes, once a night! She goes down about 10:00 {and I have to work hard to get her asleep and staying asleep} and then goes until typically 4:00 or 5:00. HEAVEN.

She also got her first cold thanks to her sister. But it didn't seem to phase her too much past a yucky nose and some sneezing.

She loves the Ergo and spends at least 1 nap in there a day - typically in the late afternoon/early evening when we are dealing with the evening craziness with the big kids.

Paige has had 3 baths and has bawled during all of them.

We need to try a bottle soon...but I think she'll take since she likes the pacifier.

She started smiling last week! That is just the best.

Nicknames: Smooch/Smoochie, Lovebug, Little Love 





1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I can't believe it's been a month! I'm always bad at which parent does the baby look like but I see a lot of you in her.