Sunday, July 31, 2016

Movie Review: Love & Friendship

Allison and I hit up Love & Friendship this weekend. We wanted to see The Lobster, but alas, it's already left the theaters. So we went for another artsy movie that we thought would probably be gone long before Ghostbusters or Bad Moms which we want to see.

Before I get into the movie review, I thought it'd be fun to take a quick walk down memory lane. Allison just moved and was purging and found our 2nd and 3rd grade class pictures. SO HILARIOUS.

2nd grade - hard to believe this was almost 30 years ago!
{Especially since we're only 25}

3rd grade - 
I remember being so upset that I was taller than Allison and had to be on the 2nd row!

So now onto the movie!


Plot: Lady Susan Vernon takes up temporary residence at her in-laws' estate and, while there, is determined to be a matchmaker for her daughter Frederica -- and herself naturally, too.

Review: I would say I liked the movie but didn't LOVE it. Kate Beckinsale's character, Lady Susan, isn't a very nice or good person, but she sure is a fun one. We laughed a lot at her antics {trying to catch a husband for herself and her daughter} as well as some of the minor characters. It wasn't a very deep movie, but I think we both left the theater happy we'd seen it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! We were so young & stylish! Thumbs up!- AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

love the class pics! boo I was at northwest! you and drew-twinkies!!

Karen Peterson said...

Oh my word, Drew looks JUST LIKE YOU.

I didn't really want to see this movie, but maybe I'll check it out eventually when it's on Netflix or something. I feel like most filmmakers just don't get Jane Austen right and it makes me sad.