Thursday, August 21, 2014

How Should We Vacay?

As I sit in our half unpacked apartment looking at clutter and boxes and piles of stuff I don't know where to put...my mind drifts to October. 

Why October you might ask...

Well, I do envision days that aren't 100 degrees surrounded by other days that aren't 100 degrees for starters! But also, Brent and I will celebrate TEN years of marriage this year. If we weren't building a house, we would do it up big. Brent really wants to go back to where we honeymooned {Turks & Caicos}, but...it's not in the cards for this year.

So, with that said, we are at a bit of an impasse on what to do. It's a big deal to us both, so we definitely want to get away for a few days. Do we:

1. stay somewhat local and hit up some of the really nice resorts in central Texas?
2. go to someplace like Fredericksburg and stay in a B&B? {I imagine B will veto this one}
3. hop on a Southwest/Jetblue flight that isn't too expensive {and preferably has no layovers} - Denver, Boston, Chicago, New Orleans, NYC, Phoenix, Seattle...just to name a few?

What do you think?

Turks & Caicos 2004...a few pounds and some hair ago {grin}





3 comments:

the blogivers said...

I vote for hopping on an inexpensive flight somewhere not too far away - you can do local stuff for all the other less exciting anniversaries :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I think you should hop on a plane to somewhere cool. You can have all kinds of fun! And it could be an adventure.

Kathryn Bagley said...

Come to New Orleans!!! It's so fun :)