Sunday, August 11, 2013

M Squared

We have gone out of town the past 2 weekends.

I am tired.

I don't think there's anything like traveling out of town with 2 small children to stress me out.

I am already the world's lightest sleeper. I am super sensitive to changes in my sleep environment. And I think Drew inherited that from me.

Last weekend, at one point, Brent was mad at me. {I'm still not really sure why.}

This weekend, at one point, I was mad at Brent. {I know why, but it wasn't exactly rational.} I might have said, 'Sometimes I wonder why I married you.'

I totally didn't mean it, and he knows it {and I did apologize}.

But there is nothing like a toddler, a baby, confined spaces, and lack of sleep to bring out the best in me.

I genuinely believe our marriage has gotten stronger with each child. There are times we want to walk away. Thankfully these times are few and far between. And now having our 2 precious babies, I know without a doubt, we are in this for the long haul. 

Most days, there is a moment, where we are so in sync it makes my heart sing. In the morning, loading kids and lunches and laptops and breastpumps into my car...we are like a well-oiled machine, and we high five {me enthusiastically...Brent begrudgingly} because, hey, we got this

I know that man is my lobster.

And I can't believe he hasn't left me yet as I constantly gripe at him about not doing enough. As the words are coming out of my mouth, I hear how ridiculous they sound. And this is the man I have to show how rational I am to convince him we should have more children. Um...I think I am failing miserably at that goal.

I don't really have a point to this post except to say that marriage and motherhood {get it....M Squared??} are hard. Wonderful, duh. But these past 2 weekends have worn me out. I'm looking forward to being back at work, not having days off and no vacations planned in the near future. {grin}

2 comments:

plauschinat said...

Great post - I think I could say ditto to everything in here!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I can't imagine how hard it must be to deal with all that stuff. I'm sure most of the time it's worth it, but having to balance personalities? That part freaks me right out.