Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Refresh Everything

It's been a long time since I have blogged about baby Jordan.  To refresh your memory, Jordan's mommy is a family friend from childhood.  She and my sister were BFFs way back in the day.  Don't know if I ever blogged about this before, but my dad even hit Kristen's brother, Brad, in the face with a bowling ball (accidentally of course) causing him to need stitches in elementary school. {grin}  Anyway, back to Jordan.  After going into remission in the spring, her cancer is back.  Her parents have a request (Kristen, I am copying from your blog - hope you don't mind):

Pepsi is sponsoring a grant contest providing $250,000 to the top two vote recipients. Arms Wide Open is a group competing for Dr. Cheung's research lab at MSKCC. Dr. Cheung invented the 3F8 antibody treatment that Jordan underwent this spring. His lab is working to find ways to make the antibodies stronger as well as to bypass the resistance issue (which caused problems for Jordan). You can vote for Arms Wide Open by texting 73774 and entering the code 102653. You can also visit the website HERE and vote online. Voting runs through the end of September, and you can text and vote online one time each day. Arms Wide Open is in fourth place so they only need to move two more spots to win.


Brent and I talk often of how much we cherish our time with Trent and try to live in the now with him.  It's fun to think about him as a 'big boy', but I am savoring every moment of his 'baby-ness' (of course he will always be my baby!).  I cannot even imagine the emotions Jordan's family struggles with daily, and I wish SO hard that no family ever had to.  I read several blogs about children who have previously been ill or babies who have passed away (makes me so sad but just can't help it) and get upset at the 'unfairness' of it all.  Children should always outlive their parents and everyone should live to be 85 and die peacefully in their sleep.  Obviously that isn't reality, and it makes me feel helpless.  When I can do something to help others, I do it.  It makes me feel like I'm making a difference and helping the world be a better place for my children and the Jordans of the world.  So if you have it in you, please vote and pass along this website to everyone you know.  Maybe we can make a difference for even 1 person and wouldn't that be amazing?

0 comments: