Thursday, September 9, 2010

Liquid Gold

I got a call from the Austin Milk Bank last week. It was a sort of final call (for now) since I'm done pumping for Trent. I truly enjoyed donating milk for premature and sick babies and felt so blessed to have such an abundant supply that I was able to donate. I hate hearing stories from friends of the struggles they had with supply or having a baby who doesn't latch easily. We all know I had my own issues after Trent arrived but nursing was never a problem, and for that, I feel so blessed. Nursing was one of my favorite parts of the newborn/baby phase! I found out that I donated 988 ounces to the Milk Bank. That's EIGHT GALLONS people. Holy smokes. I had no idea I donated that much. I'm excited at the thought of being able to donate again in the future and think I've set a goal for the next baby - I'm going for 1,000 ounces!! {grin}

4 comments:

A Real Housewife said...

tell me......how do i get involved in doing something like this?

Jaclyn said...

You are awesome!!! I always had just enough milk and wasn't able to donate. Maybe if we have #3, I will be able to.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome allena!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea you were able to donate! That is AMAZING! I barely had enough to pump for Brynn. I would have LOVED to pump for sick babies. You rock :)