Sunday, November 13, 2022

Broadway Across America: Chicago

Last week, I went to see the musical Chicago with my friend, Rhonda. Neither of us had seen the musical or movie and were very vague on details. {Allena-'Is she a prostitute? Or a showgirl?' Rhonda-'And somebody is in jail?'}


Plot: Two death row murderesses develop a fierce rivalry while competing for publicity, celebrity, and a sleazy lawyer's attention.


Review: Rhonda and I both really enjoyed it! The production itself was top notch {as expected}, and the story itself was a lot of fun. We laughed at parts, we got really into the music, overall, we both thought it was great. There was 1 scene we both agreed was about 5 minutes too long, but it didn't detract from the fun.


The rest of the season looks really great {Pretty Woman, Aladdin, Ain't Too Proud, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Hairspray}, and we have a group ready to go, so I'm really excited for 2023!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I wish I lived there so I could enjoy those with you! I love plays/musicals!!