Monday, December 18, 2017

2017 Christmas Hits

I've started a little tradition the last few years of sharing my newest Christmas song finds. I used to think of myself as a traditionalist who didn't like those newfangled Christmas songs and only wanted to hear the 'classics', but I've discovered I really love a healthy mix of both! I want to hear Nat King Cole singing The Christmas Song followed by Pentatonix's That's Christmas to Me. I like to mix Pandora's Today's Christmas station with their Christmas Radio station - a perfect mix of the old and new!

So I bring you my choices for new Christmas songs I discovered this year. As usual, they might be several years old {I never said I was a trendsetter}, ha.

When We are Together - The Tenors

Present Without a Bow - Kacey Musgraves (f. Leon Bridges)
This song makes me want to listen to everything Leon Bridges has ever done.

Born is the King - Hillsong

Only You - Kylie Minogue and James Corden
This is 100% not a Christmas song, but it plays on my Christmas Radio pandora station, and I LOVE the original, so I'm adding it just because I can.

Christmas Must Be Tonight - The Band
This song is from 1977, but I heard Train's version for the first time last year, and it is AMAZING. And actually, Train's whole Christmas album is pretty sweet!

Anything new-ish floating your boat this Christmas season?


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Love the Kacey one! It never fails but Last Christmas by Wham will always be my fav!