Tuesday, March 19, 2013

One Week Later

A week ago today I walked into Peoples Pharmacy sobbing {talk about mortifying}. I couldn't get my anxiety to stop. I made employees cry I was so emotional and upset. I left after spending $140 on supplements hopeful that, once again, Kaya would be able to work her magic.

One week later, I feel SO much better. Between my lovely goat placenta and my 'homework' from therapy, I hope we have turned a corner. 

I'm sure I'll still have some dark days and maybe even weeks. After all, I'm still scared to have the kids by myself for really long periods of time {grin}. It's hard not to beat myself up with all the 'shoulds' I think, but I'm trying not to. I know everyone is different and when it comes to parenting 'should' shouldn't (haha) be in the vocabulary, but it's hard for me... I constantly think everyone does it better than me or handles the transition easier than me.

All I know is I love my kids, am beyond thankful for my husband and family, and can't get enough goat placenta!

4 comments:

the blogivers said...

I am really guilty of the "should" thinking - my counselor once told me to try to use "I wish I would have..." instead of "I should have..." because there is less guilt implied with that phrase, I guess. Anyway, just throwing that out there :)

Glad you are feeling better, and hopefully the worst is behind you!

KristenW said...

SO, so proud of you! Keep up the great work. XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

whatever it takes - B

Karen M. Peterson said...

What kind of supplements? Because I'm on two different prescriptions and they're doing nothing for my anxiety.