Monday, March 4, 2013

I'm a Big Gurl Now

I am trying so hard to not compare myself to other mothers. {As my friend, Angela, reminded me Comparison is the thief of joy.} I am trying to accept that I don't adjust quickly to change. So this weekend was a big moment for me. I had both kids by myself for about 6 hours. Brent has a bachelor party in 2 weeks that is overnight, so this was a practice run. I could have called my parents to play with us, but I wanted to do it myself.

Were there tears? Yes. {Some of them mine}
Did we have fun? Yes.
Most importantly - We did it!

Just a typical afternoon of solo parenting

He just HAD to get into her bath.
Her expression cracks me up.
Like 'Can't I get anything that is just mine?' Nope, little girl.

So cheers to me!! {And my kids for being fabulous}


6 comments:

the blogivers said...

Way to go! Baby steps (pun intended) :)

Heather said...

I love how candid you are about post baby hormones and real life. I can relate to every one of your posts. The adjustment is tough at first. I think I'm still adjusting to 3 and its been 15 months! You are doing a fabulous job! It gets easier!

KristenW said...

You are doing a fabulous job! You are your toughest critic! So proud of you. Trent looks SO old in that pic! Drew does favor you, I love it!

Jaclyn said...

Great Job Mommy!! Looks like you made it and had fun, which are the important things.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have been too rough if you have time for photo opportunities! - B

Anonymous said...

I am sure you did great. Every one being fed and alive at the end of the day is sometimes all you can do!