Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Another Recipe, Movie Review, and an Update

I stole another recipe from Megan, which came via this blog (which is also where I stole the picture).


Ingredients:
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-1 cup salsa
-1 can cream of chicken soup
-1/2 cup sour cream
-taco seasoning
-tortillas
-any toppings you want

The recipe says to mix some stuff in a bowl and save stuff for later.  Whatever.  I threw everything (except the tortillas) into the crock pot and let it cook on low for 5 1/2 hours.  Shred chicken, put on tortillas, cover with any toppings (I could see people liking this with guac or pico but Brent and I hate both so we put some grated cheese on them.)

DELISH!  EASY!  My kind of meal!

Over Memorial Day weekend, Allison and I went and saw '21 Jump Street'.


 PlotA pair of underachieving cops are sent back to a local high school to blend in and bring down a synthetic drug ring.


Review:  Allison and I both thought the movie was okay.  It had it's funny moments, but a lot of it was cheesy and too much.  I absolutely cannot complain about watching Channing onscreen for 2 hours, but I'm glad we went to the dollar cinema for this one!  I'd say it's worth renting for a few laughs and one of my fave hotties to look at...but that's about it.


Night-night update!  Trent did okay at school yesterday.  He didn't take a nap, but his teachers said he didn't cry either.  He is chewing on his blanket constantly (like sopping wet blanket chewing), but he also seems to get mad at blanket because he can't have night-night too.  He stayed with Brent's parents last night (bless them for wanting him still on night 2).  My mother-in-law said he didn't cry, but it took him a LONG time to fall asleep (she stayed in the room with him), and then he was awake at 6:15.  So here's hoping he takes a nap today!!  We are 48+ hours night-night free and going strong.  Although I'm not going to lie...I see a few toy purchases happening this weekend. {grin}

0 comments: