Friday, December 17, 2010

The Worst Christmas Carols

I love Christmas.  Like L.O.V.E. Christmas.  The reason for the season.  The decorations.  The food.  The time with family.  The lights.  The days off work. Especially the carols.  However, there are a few carols that make me want to rip my own ears off or destroy my radio.
  1. Christmas Shoes {Seriously?  This song is DEPRESSING.  Not at all about Christmas IMO.}
  2. I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas {Ridiculous.  Kid, you are stupid.}
  3. All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth {Little girl, those teeth are going to grow in, and you are going to look goofy for 3+ years.  Let's save Christmas wishes for better things (like toys), okay?}
  4. The Chipmunk song {Just plain silly}
  5. Anything carol sung by The Carpenters or Amy Grant {I like bubblegum pop, but this is just too much bubblegum for even me.}
What am I missing from the terrible Christmas song list?

4 comments:

Kelly said...

This entire list had me laughing out loud. You are too much! Love it!

Anonymous said...

"A Baby Changes Everything" is the WORST song.

Anonymous said...

Totally agree on Christmas Shoes! A total channel changer! -Allison

JulieBird said...

Ugh, hate the Christmas Shoes song! Who wants to cry when listening to Christmas songs?! Not this girl.

Did Patty tell you we sat across from her on the plane from Seattle? =)