Thursday, June 8, 2023

Noom Check-in #2

I have been using Noom for almost 4 months and am still loving it, yay!

To talk about numbers, I've lost just over 20 pounds, which is 2/3 of my goal!! I am lower than I was when I got pregnant with Paige, which is a number I haven't seen since I got pregnant and has been a huge milestone for me!

What I like about Noom:
  • Tracking food is super easy - this has always been the hardest part for me, and if I am frustrated with tracking food, I quit and go back to my old ways. Noom makes it so easy to track food that I am never frustrated!!
  • I enjoy the daily articles and am learning a lot - some articles are better than others, but I love that there is a purpose to this and it is WORKING to help me understand why we eat the way we do, make certain choices, etc. AND how to get smarter!
  • The coins as motivation - these coins literally mean nothing yet I get so excited to earn my coin every day. And I totally get that there is psychology behind the coins and I am the perfect target for this!
Psychology at its finest!

What I don't like about Noom:
  • Daily weighing - I'm still not totally sold on weighing every day. I do it {gotta earn that coin}, but when I see fluctuations that don't make sense, it can frustrate me. I am learning to have a better attitude about those fluctuations and I do agree that I have zero anxiety now about weighing. I do it, put the number in my app, and move on. BUT I think in the long-term I probably won't do this.
My non-scale victories remain largely the same: clothes fit that haven't in a long time, I can see the change in my face, wedding rings fit easily, getting back on track is easier after a treat day, etc.

All in all, I don't want to get too cocky about what I've achieved, but I'm really proud of myself! Next steps - lose the last of this weight and MAINTAIN by practicing healthy habits!!

No double chin, yay!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

You look amazing..I can see the change and am so happy you found something that works!