Monday, June 19, 2023

Broadway Across America: Hairspray

In the last 11 months, I've seen 5 musicals! Nice comeback after not having seen anything since pre-Covid. Well, Thursday, I saw another musical through Broadway Across America, Hairspray, yay!


PlotIn 1960s Baltimore, dance-loving teen Tracy Turnblad auditions for a spot on "The Corny Collins Show" and wins. She becomes an overnight celebrity, a trendsetter in dance, fun and fashion. Perhaps her new status as a teen sensation is enough to topple Corny's reigning dance queen and bring racial integration to the show.

My date this time was a book club {and Jazzercise} friend, Tricia!

Review: Man, I loved this! I saw the Rikki Lake version of the movie YEARS ago so didn't remember the plot super clearly, and it was great. I laughed, danced in my seat, clapped along...had a fantastic time. If you haven't seen this, I highly recommend.

Fun surprise - Drew got to go with Nana on Sunday!

This ended the 2022-23 season, and I'm already looking to some great shows starting in the fall.


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Fun! I have never seen the movie..can you believe that? ha!