Thursday, February 16, 2023

Life Lately

There are just lots of little things happening around these parts lately. I figure as the kids continue to get older there will be less crazy milestones, but I love this little normal, regular, every day life of ours.

We had our last Christmas back in January with my mom's extended family. Took basically no pictures, but the fun part was it was in our town so my sister and her family spent the night with us. It was great hanging out just the 10 of us.

 Miles and Trent being big old teenagers!  Paige and Mayer have such a sweet bond

Just love this picture of Paige and Tanner

Deloitte had its holiday party in January. I really appreciated that given how busy December gets! It was at the Austin FC arena and was a fun night. We want to take the kids to a game there this season!



Trent has started walking dogs in our neighborhood! He is having a blast. He has 2 dogs he walks twice a week, and it's about to be 3. He'd like to walk for 1 more family, but he's in a good little rhythm right now. I love that he's getting fresh air, sunshine, and exercise out of the deal. And he's SO good with these pups.


We got to babysit for our favorite little neighbor! This was technically Drew's first babysitting job, I was there just to make sure everyone stayed alive, ha. She had a blast and can't wait to be a little older and do this for real!


The girls have also continued with their horseback riding! We even did a trail ride that I went on too! I haven't been on a horse in over 30 years, and it was really a great experience.


And of course, LOTS of Girl Scout cookie selling!


So that's a little peak at what's been happening in the Gurley household lately!


2 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh my word -- that's amazing about Trent's dog walking. And Rachel can't wait to baby sit. She practices with our neighbour's not quite 3 year old and loves it. Also, I haven't ridden a horse in ages and it's Rachel's dream so I should see if I can figure that out one of these days...

Kathryn Bagley said...

OH I need to get online and order cookies! Im glad i read this..ha! And how are your kids do walking and babysitting??? I wish I would have thought of dog walking as a job when I was in jr high!