Friday, February 9, 2018

Movin' on Up!

It seems like it was just yesterday that Paige started school.


Tiny Paige on her first day!


She has loved her class and has grown so much. Well, we got the word last week that she's moving up to Casita next week!!! This is the class that Drew entered when we started at CMS in April 2014 - it's for ages 15 months (roughly) up to 3 years. So Paige will be in this class for a LONG time.

I'm so excited, but I also can't believe my baby is ready for this move! As part of the transition process, the school asks that a parent observe the new class and have a meeting with the new guide. Even though Drew was in this class for 1 1/2 years and this is the same teacher she had, I went and observed and just sat there in disbelief, ha. Paige has visited 3 times, and her current teacher has told me every day that Paige cries when it's time to come back to the baby class - which is a good thing because it means she's ready!

When I got the email saying she was going to be moving up, my first thought was 'Yes, no more packing a lunch' because in this class, the kids prepare a community lunch. {The parents have a rotating calendar to bring the groceries for that week's meals.} My second thought was 'Oh no, all the laundry'. They also start working on toilet independence which means lots of dirty clothes at the beginning.

I've been working on getting her supply list together - Y'all I got her the absolute cutest little backpack - and lining up enough loose clothing to help her with pottying. And I seriously just can't believe it. Time is flying by too fast with my last peanut!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

aww how bittersweet!

Emily said...

Wow that’s huge age range for a classroom. I’ve read over and over about the benefits of the multi-age classrooms so I know it’s good but it’s still a new concept to me.