Friday, April 21, 2017

Grow Baby Grow {Paige} - 4 Months

Wow! 1/3 of a year has come and gone in Paige's life. Once I got medicated and the Zoloft started working, time has flown by. Paige is SUCH a sweet baby - I really can't get over how sweet she is. I kiss her and snuggle her a million times a day and can't get enough of her. She is 90% smiles and happiness, and I love it.


Stats:
Weight: 14 pounds, 7.5 ounces {50-75%}
Length: 24 5/8" {50-75%}
Head: 16" {50%}
Diapers: Size 2
Clothing: 3-6 months in everything
Nicknames: Smooch/Smoochie {always and forever}, Paigey, Paigey Waigey


-Paige found her feet this month. One of my favorite things! She grabs them constantly and is trying to get them to her mouth.

-We had 2 weeks of sleep regression hell where she was waking up anywhere from 5 to 10+ times. It was truly awful, but she's back to waking up just a couple of times and going right back to sleep after a quick nursing session, so I can totally handle that.

-She is still swaddled and in our closet. This is the longest any of my kiddos have been swaddled, but it's still working, so I'm not going to change anything given we just got her sleeping good again. She goes back and forth between the rock 'n play and pack 'n play. Month 5 will require me getting her in her crib and falling asleep independently {eek} since I go back to work June 5.

-Paige had her first fever this month on April 9, but luckily it only lasted 24 hours. She definitely felt bad and only wanted to be held. I happily complied.

-She's trying to roll over. It happened once on our bed on March 26, but I think that was a fluke.

-She takes 3 naps per day and is awake for 2 hours in between each nap. She sleeps until roughly 7:00-7:30, so her naps are roughly 9:00/9:30-11:00/11:30, 1:00/1:30-3:00/3:30, 5:00/5:30-5:45/6:15.

-Her bedtime is around 7:30 give or take a little in either direction. A lot of times what is going on with the other 2 kids impacts her bedtime.

-Paige wants to sit up SO BAD. She likes the Bumbo a lot because it lets her sit up for a long time. We tried the Jumperoo a few times, and so far, she isn't impressed, ha. I can still get some good time out of the playmat and bouncy seat, and if we do tummy time on the Boppy that goes well too!

-She tries to put everything in her mouth. She loves Sofie and stuffed animals.

-I'm still curious to see if she'll end up sucking her thumb or fingers.

-Paige laughs and growls. At first she was stingy with her laughs, but it's getting easier to get them. Brent can get lots of laughs!

-We read and sing every day. She loves songs with hand movements {Finger Family, Itsy Bitsy Spider, Ram-sam-sam}.

-The car seat is still her mortal enemy. This is the one thing that consistently causes her to cry. The one thing that helps {sometimes} is rolling the windows down.

-We nurse every 2-3 hours. She is a great nurser although a messy eater! I usually end up with some part of my shirt or pants wet.

-She likes to take walks in the stroller {should I say 'rides'? ha} riding up - no car seat {the horror} for this girl anymore!