Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Lasagna Deliciousness: A Recipe

I think I've established {many, many times} that cooking is not my forte and frankly doesn't happen very often in our abode. I've been trying to remedy that by cooking more regularly and trying new recipes here and there. Well, Kristen gave me a super easy and DELICIOUS recipe for lasagna. Brent isn't a huge Italian food fan, but I love it, so when he said 'This was pretty good', I glowed. {grin}

Ingredients:
-2 pounds ground beef
-32 oz. spaghetti sauce {or a super big container}
-lasagna noodles {Don't tell Brent but I used brown rice noodles!}
-1 container Ricotta cheese
-1 container small curd cottage cheese
-1 egg
-grated cheese {Italian blend or just mozzarella}
-sliced mozzarella
-Italian seasoning
-garlic salt

Steps:
1. Brown meat and mix with spaghetti sauce {I use a hand mixer and blend up the sauce extra which I think makes the sauce so much better.}
2. Mix Ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, egg and Italian seasoning and garlic salt {I just sprinkled a healthy dose in there}.
3. Layer the ingredients as follows {which I actually did wrong, ha}
-Layer 1: noodles
-Layer 2: meat mixture
-Layer 3: noodles
-Layer 4: cheese mixture, top with shredded cheese
-Layer 5: noodles
-Layer 6: meat sauce
-Layer 7: sliced mozzarella, top with shredded cheese
4. Cook at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until cheese on-top is golden brown.





3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Brad's the lasagna maker in our house but we try not to make too often b/c it's not the best for us :((
I have some SUPER easy, healthy recipes I can share with you if you want.

Kathryn Bagley said...

I hate cooking but this seems easy enough and does look delish!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I hardly ever cook because it's just such a hassle to cook for one person. But this is something I would totally freeze and use for days.