Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Movie Review: Captain Phillips

After seeing Philomena, Allison and I quickly squeezed in another movie that was at our local dollar cinema - Captain Phillips. It made me laugh we saw 2 movies back to back with 'Phil' in the title. #yesiknowiamadork


PlotThe true story of Captain Richard Phillips and the 2009 hijacking by Somali pirates of the US-flagged MV Maersk Alabama, the first American cargo ship to be hijacked in two hundred years.

Review: I would say Allison and I both enjoyed the film but don't really see it as a 'Best Picture' contender. Tom Hanks was great {as usual}, and we both commented after it was over that his performance in the last 5 minutes was really awesome. Overall it was good, not great, and we're glad we only paid $1.50 each!

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

Really? I LOVED Captain Phillips. I thought it was really well done. It's not going to win Best Picture and it shouldn't, but I think with up to 10 nominees, it definitely deserves to be nominated.