Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

Got word today that the Expedition is totaled.  Done. Finito.  A little sad, but a lot excited as we begin shopping for a new (to us) car.  It's a little stressful to have to quickly buy a car (this isn't our first totaled car experience - neither my fault though!), but we're both doing a lot of research.  I still want an SUV, but now that Brent has a roomier truck, we don't need one quite so big.  Looking at a Ford Edge and Honda CR-V or Pilot so far.  Any thoughts?  My head itches and still hurts.  I'm scared to brush my hair, so I've been wearing it curly because I just use my fingers to comb it out.  I look GOOD at work, let me tell you!  I hate the design of my blog.  I'm debating a makeover...we'll see what I come up with.  I just can't seem to find anything that just really fits ME.  If y'all can't tell, I absolutely love blogging and really want my blog to represent me.  I wondered if I'd be able to really stick with it, and I truly just love it.  Is it sad that I got super excited to get double digit comments on a post - the post about the accident?  You don't have to answer, I know it is so sad.  Ha!

9 comments:

RedWhiting's said...

I drove 12 different ones before deciding on the Armada..(we needed the room in the 3rd row!)

Some of the smaller ones that I liked were
Mazda CX 7 & 9's
Volvo XC90
Chevy Traverse
Saturn Outlook
GMC Acadia

Good luck, and I'm really glad you are okay!

The Watkins Family said...

my mother in law has a CR- V and she loves it! i've driven it a couple of times and I like it too. We just bought a used minivan (yes, got rid of my Tahoe for a minivan) at First Texas Honda and the service was outstanding!! by far the best experience we've had buying a car. and they have a great website too. Good luck finding something!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your accident, but so happy that you are ok!!
I have a Toyota Highlander and I LOVE it!!
Have fun car shopping!!
~Carrie

Heather said...

Let me send you pics of my totaled Honda Pilot from my accident last year...you'll be convinced that owning a Honda is the safest most best decision ever! :) Hugs!

Hanna said...

Toyota Highlander all the way!! I LOVE mine. You need to test drive as well as sit in the back seat to feel the amount of space. It also has a third row that folds up and down. We get anywhere from 20-23 mpg. I have a 2008 model that we're leasing and I'm really considering keeping it as opposed to upgrading to the newest model. :-) We originally looked at Honda Pilots (too big) and Mazda CX-9s (too small). Just FYI.

Kelly said...

I want the Nissan Morano! Have you seen those??

Dezzy Lou Where Are You said...

I used to have a CRV and loved it, it was old so yours would be even better. Erin has one now =)

I like the new blog!

Gina said...

What about the JEEP commander?
I love blogging too!
Great to hear yours it successful!
~Gina


http://beaniesdailyblog.blogspot.com

A Real Housewife said...

i love my crv! comparing the two, i would definitely go with a crv over the ford edge. the trade in value for honda's is unbeatable.