Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Movie Review: Black Swan

As promised, 'Black Swan' was watched last night (although Allison had to take her kitty to the emergency vet and missed it - boo).

Synopsis: A ballet dancer wins the lead in "Swan Lake" and is perfect for the role of the delicate White Swan - Princess Odette - but slowly loses her mind as she becomes more and more like Odile the Black Swan, daughter of an evil magician.


Review: Okay, so I will be totally honest.  I did NOT want to see this movie.  After seeing the trailer, I was totally freaked out.  Most of the time during the movie, I was turning to my sister or Rhonda and saying 'I don't like this' or hiding my face behind my hands or giggling inappropriately.  I was probably the most annoying person for them to sit by ever. {grin} 

This movie was totally insane.  Natalie Portman is amazing as Nina, and it is hard to watch her slowly go crazy.  Literally.  Crazy.  When the movie finished, I sat there and said 'WTF'.  I think that's the perfect description.  This movie was totally unique and, as crazy as it was, totally awesome.  Natalie Portman totally deserves the Oscar for Best Actress, and I wouldn't be too upset if it won Best Picture (but I still like 'The King's Speech' the best).  Bottom line: This movie is CRAZY AWESOME!

6 down, 4 to go!

5 comments:

plauschinat said...

Crazy awesome is a good description. I thought it was fantastic but I wouldn't want to sit through it again...I felt anxious the entire movie.

A Real Housewife said...

i want to see this movie so bad!

A Real Housewife said...

and ps...the king's speech looks incredibly boring. i'm completely wrong?

Gina said...

Black swan was one film that made me cover my eyes a few times too!

Kelly said...

Agreed it was awesome! I saw it with my mom and when it ended I think we both sat there with our mouths open. WTF is the best description I've heard!