Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

So it's the start of a new year.  I'm excited to see what 2011 has to bring.  2010 was a great year.  Of course we had some bumps along the way, but overall it truly was a great year.  I know some people don't like resolutions because it usually just sets us up for failure.  And I sort of agree with that as I mostly failed at my resolutions last year.  But I think it's the attempt at making myself a better person that I personally really enjoy.  So drumroll please.............I present my resolutions for 2011!

The theme of this year is about {organization}.  I think the worst part of 2010 was how frazzled I felt throughout the year.  Something was always slipping.  Either my house looked terrible or we were all rushed getting out the door or I was exhausted from trying to do too much.  So I'm working on developing a schedule that incorporates the fact that I'm inherently not inclined towards organization.  Instead of trying to turn a 180 and become something that goes against the grain for me, I'm going to just recognize that fact and do the best I can.  I want to spend 5-10 minutes in the morning and at night picking up around the house (so that it doesn't get out of control and overwhelm me).  I want to cook at least twice a week (and I got a new, EASY crockpot recipe book from my mom).  I want to workout 3-4 times a week (even if it's only for 15 minutes).  I want to, at the end of the day, feel good about the balance I'm trying to create between being a wife, mommy, employee, friend, sister, daughter...  Luckily I also have some great friends who have offered me tips and encouragements in 2010 to help me develop this plan.  I am super excited to see where 2011 takes my family!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! And remember just 15 minutes of exercise will boost your metabolism for up to 60-90 minutes afterwards! Something is always better than nothing. That goes with organization and cleaning as well.

I also like your attitude. The reason 99% of resolutions fail is because people try to do a 180 degree change and that is always going to lead to failure. Change is a marathon, not a sprint and the way to make things last is to go slow steady and be patient!

Sorry for rambling..I am just proud of you! :)

Anonymous said...

I second Kelly - YOU CAN DO IT!

And I expect you to pass on any and all good new easy crockpot recipes!

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the organization thing. I'm always frazzled.

I'm liking The Host so far. I'm anxious to see how it ends.