Saturday, February 7, 2009

Inappropriate?

I worried that it might be inappropriate to post my baby's 'private parts' on the internet but decided that 1 picture was worth a thousand words...so hopefully no one was offended! And if you know me, you couldn't possibly be!!

Anyway, yesterday was a great day. I was so excited and nervous about our ultrasound, it was like the biggest and best Christmas present EVER! The u/s technician was so great and showed us so many awesome things about our baby BOY (2 feet/legs, 2 hands/arms, 4-chambered heart, 2 halves to the brain, organs in the right place...everything measuring just right - hallelujah!), but when she went to 'that' spot, I was afraid at first that we wouldn't be able to see what we were having because his little legs were crossed (it is SO cool to say 'he' and 'his'), but she moved the wand (what is that thing really called?) up just a little bit...and it was SO obvious! (Longest run-on sentence ever...) I literally said out loud, 'That's a penis.' before she could even say anything. She replied, 'Yes it is! He's not shy!' Brent didn't even have a clue what was going on, but I could totally tell. I just sat there in awe of everything. It didn't matter what she said, I was going to be shocked. I am going to have a son!!!!

2 comments:

Nancy J. Moon said...

Allena,
You are priceless and so precious. You move me to tears and laughter AT THE SAME TIME! I love your blogging!

STACEY said...

I couldn’t wait to get on here & see what the verdict is! A BOY!!! How exciting! I’m so very happy for you two.