Since I'm at the halfway point of the year in catching up on the blog, I thought it was time to take a little pause and talk books! It is too overwhelming to think about posting about all the books I've read so far - I'm almost to 90 books. So I thought I could share my favorites through now, and I can restart doing book reviews soon!
First up, the Heartstopper series by Alice Oseman! It's a YA graphic novel series, but I loved it so much. OMG, I am obsessed with this. Also watched the Netflix show and it was fantastic too. Not so patiently awaiting the last book which has been made into a movie - both coming out in 2026.
I also read some really great memoirs. I did all of these as audiobooks because I love hearing the authors narrate their own stories. These all made me laugh and/or cry.
Another great Fantasy series I started this year. I've read the 3 books that are out, 4th {and final} book to come! The Kindred's Curse series by Penn Cole. The first book was a little on the slower side, but I really liked the 2nd book and loved the 3rd.
These were both some really great historical fiction. The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead looks at the actual underground railroad but with a sci-fi twist. It was so, so good but also VERY hard. I've loved Dances with Wolves the movie SO MUCH and can't believe I've never read the book. I remedied that this year and am so glad I did, it was fantastic!
And these were my favorite fiction books so far. One Golden Summer by Carley Fortune is the second book about 2 brothers. The first was Every Summer After and I'm so glad I got to be back with this family! The Irresistible Urge to Fall for Your Enemy by Brigitte Knightley is a debut book by a woman who wrote the most amazing Dramione fan fiction that I read last year {Draco Malfoy and the Mortifying Ordeal of Falling in Love}, and I was super excited to read this. I would say it isn't as good as her fan fiction, but I really enjoyed it AND there will be a sequel, yay!
I do share all my reads on Goodreads and in my Instagram stories if you ever want more details on what I've done so far this year! But I do plan on getting back to more detailed reviews.

0 comments:
Post a Comment