Monday, May 15, 2023

Movie Review: Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.

I took a little bit of PTO on Friday and went to another movie - this time with a co-worker who also lives in Austin. We sent to see Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret.


Plot: When her family moves from the city to the suburbs, 11-year-old Margaret navigates new friends, feelings, and the beginning of adolescence.

Review: Hannah and I both loved the movie! Neither of us could remember much about the book, so it felt fresh and new to both of us. The acting was great {Rachel McAdams and Kathy Bates - chef's kiss!}, I loved the actress who played Margaret, and I was entertained the whole time!

I remembered I have a small pile of books I saved for daughters from my childhood and found them! I'm hoping Drew will want to read these!

The one missing a cover is The Pistachio Prescription.
And I think I have a few more in the garage!

I also think this would be a great one to see with a pre-teen daughter, lots of opportunity for talking. Highly, highly recommend!