Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Monthly Musings: February 2021 Valentine's/Love

I am really starting to love this Monthly Musings link-up and this one is all about Valentine's Day and Love!

1. How do you show love? What is your love language?

I think I am a very affectionate person and love to give hugs and kisses. I'm a terrible gift giver, I can't ever think of anything creative and get stressed out, so I don't enjoy that. I'm also pretty selfish so doing things for others doesn't often occur to me, ha.

I would say I'm an equal opportunity person when it comes to my own love language. I will take any sort of affection or attention and be happy. 
With my forever Valentine

2. Do you have any fun Valentine's traditions?

We decorate a little around the house, give the kids a small gift - think book or small toy, and the girls usually dress-up in something heart-themed or red/pink.

Little presents with love notes for my little loves!

3. Favorite Valentine's memory?

I have 2!

First, I've copied my parents in that they got Patty {my sister} and me a small gift for Valentine's Day that they set on the fireplace. I remember one Valentine's as a little girl where Patty and I got these little baby dolls that were supposed to look like newborns and they had a slit in the back for you to put your hand inside like a puppet to make the baby doll move. I LOVED that doll! 

Second, I remember my first Valentine's Day with Brent. We went out to eat and he gave me a James Avery ring. It felt so special to be celebrating this holiday with him! We'd almost been together for a year, and it felt so momentous! 

4. Favorite Valentine's treat?

I am for anything made from sugar, I'll take it all! A few years ago - well probably more like 10 years ago - Starbucks did a Valentine's cup, and I loved that! I'm a huge fan of themes. {grin}


5. Do you wear Valentine's Day fashion?

I have on-and-off over the years. I love themes and and found matching shirts that are super cute for the girls and me to wear, I'm so excited! On-and-off over the years, the kids have had shirts, and the girls still like it, but I am 105% certain Trent wouldn't wear one. {grin}


6. Valentine's Day...like, love, or hard pass?

I'm going to say like. I don't LOVE it like I do Christmas, but it doesn't annoy me or anything. I think it's easy for me to feel this way as I've been in a relationship for over half my life and can understand for others how it is not a fun day.

7. What do you think is the most romantic song?

I'm partial to mine and Brent's wedding song which is Alabama's There's No Way.


But I also love Etta James' At Last, Elvis Presley's Can't Help Falling in Love, The Beach Boys' Wouldn't It Be Nice and God Only Knows. Lots of great romantic songs out there, but those are what are popping to mind!

8. Dine out, take out, or cook on this Valentine's Day?

I imagine we'll do take out. I will take any excuse not to cook or have a messed up kitchen. {grin} And with 3 kids, it's hard to plan a date night on a day like Valentine's Day.

9. Pink or red?

Pink is my all-time favorite color, so this is a no brainer for me - all things PINK!

10. Flowers or chocolate?

I think this goes with anything being my love language - if this is a gift, I'd be happy with either! Given my addiction to sugar, I'm probably more inclined to want chocolate in general, but flowers do make me very happy.


2 comments:

Natasha said...

How did I not know how much you love pink?!?!?! And I can't wait to see the matching shirts. That sounds fun!!!

Also I'm glad you're becoming a Monthly Musings regular :)

Emily said...

I LOVE PINK so you and I have that in common for sure. Also think that Starbucks cup is really cute; was it just a one-year thing? Too many Valentine's Day Scrooges and they probably dropped it LOL.