Thursday, December 24, 2020

#AMonthofFaves Favorite Things

Another prompt from GirlXOXO for wrapping up the year. I will do a full end-of-year post, and if I'm being totally honest, probably one dedicated just to books ha, but I really liked this prompt so wanted to give it a post too.

The prompt says: Favorite Things - recipes tried, shows watched, hobbies picked up, happy moments, etc. I'm going with things that have made me happy this year!

1) Family - I know this is cliché, but I am so thankful to be married to a man who strives to put my happiness and the kids' happiness above his own. Being home together was not always fun, but our family thrived and grew together. I am more in love with my husband and family as the year closes than I was when it began.

2) AmpedUp Online - Being able to keep up with my workouts using online methods was clutch this year! Brent even figured out how to get it playing on the TV in the playroom.

3) School - After having everyone home for 6 months and juggling work and family, I am so happy the kids are back at school in-person.

4) Friends - We have a great group of friends, and I love doing life with them. Our RBC crew is who we spend the most time with - the kids all get along and it makes it so easy and fun to be together. Our slightly bigger circle of friends goes back to being in the womb and we have been hanging out and traveling together for over a decade. I love doing life with them and really hope for some trips in 2021.

Everyone minus Karin/Kelby {RBC} who are in new baby heaven

5) Books - A giant no brainer, but I would choose to read over doing just about anything else. My goal for 2020 was to read 100 books and as of today I'm at 99!

6) Blog Friends Book Club - A definitely high-point this year was starting a small zoom book club with friends I made through blogging. These are the ladies I get the most book recommendations from and who love reading as much as I do. It's a joy to get online with them every month!


Stolen from Erika's IG

7) The Friendship Between My Kids - When your siblings are your only playmates for months on end, it can go good or so, so bad. I really would have expected endless fights, but they really got along well, and I think are actually much closer now than before.


8) My Health Progress - I am definitely not done but am so proud of the progress I've made losing my baby/zoloft weight in 2020! I have lost 22 pounds in 2020, how awesome is that? Have about another 15 to go and am hoping to knock that out in the first half of 2021, yay!

9) My Job - I work for an amazing company and have a great team. It has been such a blessing this year to not stress about kids being home {we all have kids!} and worry about job security!

10) Parents - Last but definitely NOT least, we are beyond blessed to have our parents close by, how helpful they are, and how there is no drama with them. Both sets of grandparents helped with our 5 weeks of virtual school and keep the kids all the time! My mom is constantly buying things for me and the kids, and my mother-in-law is forever sewing up holes in clothes, painting for me, and cooking us food. Seriously, we have the best parents!



3 comments:

Emily said...

:: bows :: So honored to be included in your favorites!

Kathryn Bagley said...

You are truly blessed :)

Natasha said...

Hahaha! What Emily said, *bows* and all. Also, I first read her "bows" as the things we put in kids' hair and it made me laugh even more!

Seriously though, this is such a great list of things to be thankful for. The friendship between my kids had been a HUGE one this year so I'm glad you could put that on your list as well.