Wednesday, December 9, 2020

20 Questions

Coming in hot with a new survey borrowed from Natasha!

1. Introvert or extrovert?

I like to describe myself as an introverted extrovert. I definitely derive energy from being around people and being sociable, but I also enjoy my alone time. It works really well because Brent understands that about me and will happily go to the neighbors' houses periodically and I happily put the kids to bed and enjoy the quiet and time to enjoy a good book!

2. Favorite movie?

Pride & Prejudice - the Keira Knightley version!


I saw this in the theater when I was working on an audit in Odessa, TX and knew it was going to be a movie I loved forever. I own it and have watched it a jillion times. I've never seen the Colin Firth version {for shame}, but I have read the book and still love the movie the most!

3. Arrive early or late?

I am usually running 5 minutes late. I hate this about myself, but I'm not great with time management. I look at the clock and think 'Oh great, I have 30 minutes until I need to leave, I'll go fold a load of laundry, there is plenty of time for me to pack snacks and get the kids shoes together.' The next thing I know, 30 minutes have passed, and I haven't done the stuff I needed to do!

4. Last book you read?

Dear Girls by Ali Wong - I really enjoyed this one!

5. Favorite holiday?

If you know ANYTHING about me, this should be a no brainer: CHRISTMAS!

Hope you aren't sick of pictures of my tree!

6. Pet peeves?

Picky eaters...KIDDING! I don't like the way dryer sheets or strong laundry detergents smell, I hate the way chalk feels, Trent refusing to chew with his mouth closed, slow walkers in the grocery store, misuse of pluralization {Merry Christmas from the Gurley's...aaaaaahhhhhh!}...just to name a few, ha!

7. Food you refuse to eat?

Why don't you go get a snack and stretch for a minute because this is going to take a while...

Tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, eggs, eggplant, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, 95% of seafood dishes, dates, pico de gallo, cabbage, brussel sprouts, artichoke.

Yeah, I know I'm annoying, and yeah, I know where Trent gets his weird food aversions.

8. Favorite fast food chain?

Chick-fil-A! I also really love What-a-burger for a burger/fries - their fries are probably my favorite fries. Chipotle is my go-to when I don't want to cook but don't want to feel guilty about what I give the kids. {grin}

9. How do you keep fit?

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, you can probably answer this: Jazzercise! I've struggled with finding and maintaining an exercise routine since becoming a mother. I have always loved group exercise classes and found Jazzercise by our house in November 2018, and I haven't looked back. I probably go 4-5 times/week and typically run once a week. I've also started getting back into other group exercise classes our studio offers - Body Combat, Body Pump, Pop Pilates, and Body Flow being some I go to.

10. Morning person or night owl?

I would say a little of both. Brent is 100% a night owl, and I used to be the one always in bed before him. Now I find myself staying up later and later because I enjoy the quiet of the house at night. However, I've always been the one to get up with the kids on the weekends because he is NOT a morning person, and I find that it takes me just a few minutes to wake up in the morning - I don't struggle to get up and moving. It's kind of the best of both worlds!

11. Favorite drink?

Hot - chai latte or cranberry tea. Cold - Arnold Palmer or Coke. Alcoholic - John Daly or whiskey & Coke.

12. Irrational fear?

I think most of fears are pretty rational - dying, my kids being terminally ill, roaches...

I do have 1 fear that only creeps in when Brent is gone, and it goes back to a specific childhood memory. My parents grew up in the same town, so my grandparents lived a couple of miles apart. We almost always stayed with my dad's mom when we visited because she was a widow and lived alone. We always came in the back door, through the carport, which led into the kitchen and the rest of the house branched off of a hallway that started after the kitchen. {Guys, seriously as I'm typing this story I am creeped out and have anxiety.} The back door had a small window at the top that wasn't fully covered by a small curtain. One night as a kid - maybe 7 or 8?, I went to the kitchen to get a snack and passed by the door. I looked up and swore I saw a wolf man. I FREAKED out. 100% I know I didn't see a wolf man, but for the rest of my granny's life I refused to go into the kitchen after dark or if I had to, I would look at the floor until I was past the door. Well, as an adult living in my own home, if Brent is gone, I hate having our shutters open after dark and hate walking by our front door {which has a really small window with frosted glass so it's not like I could see anything anyway}. When I do walk by the door, I look down.

I also never think about bad things happening in our home unless Brent is gone, and then I hate that the kids are on 1 side of the house and I'm on the other because if a kidnapper came in or a fire broke out, we'd be separated.

Can you guess who's been traveling for work lately?

13. Go-to snack?

String cheese and apple sauce - I take that almost every day for the car when I go to pick the kids up from school. Yummy, easy to grab, and relatively healthy.

14. Strongest sense?

I think I would say taste because I am so picky about what I eat [see list above ha]. I have a terrible sense of smell and don't think I hear especially great and am blind as a bat...so yeah, taste, ha.

15. Fictional place you'd like to visit?

Hogwarts hands down.

Doesn't it look wonderful?

16. Kindle or actual book?

eBooks for life!!!! I really struggle when I have physical books to choose them over electronic reading, which is why one of my goals for the year was to clean out my book box. I'm at 17 of 93 being physical books this year which is a lot for me!

17. Last movie you went to see?

You guys know I am a movie theater person. I don't sit down and watch a lot of TV at home {book nerd}, but I love going to the movies, especially with my friend, Allison. So the answer to this question makes me so sad, but it was 1917 in January with Allison. Upside is if you have to stop seeing movies for a period of time, this is an AMAZING one to end on! It was my favorite of Oscar season last year.


We are really hoping we can go see Wonder Woman after Christmas!!

18. Favorite season?

Either spring or summer. I love how much time we can spend outside in the spring, the days are just glorious but I also love going to the pool with our neighborhood friends, how long the days are, how much fun stuff there seems to be to do in the summer! I just get tired of it in Texas before it actually ends. {grin}

19. Beach or mountains?

I'm going to go beach because I don't like to be cold.

20. Favorite cereal?

Something super sugary. Growing up, we never got 'bad' cereals, so I always wanted to eat them when I could. My first thought was Frosted Flakes, and I think that's a solid winner.



4 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I love these posts cause it gets me to know you better! I'll have to email you my answers. I'm shocked for fictional places you didn't pick downton abbey?? I know that's an actual real place but based on a tv show..ha! Your window story creeped me out as I read it! Girl you literally hate all veggies..lol! (I don't like any of those either..ha)

Natasha said...

I would basically never be able to serve you a meal because I don't think I can make one without any of the stuff you mentioned! And I should have done favourite alcoholic drinks too. Yum!!! I also HATE the way chalk feels and slow walkers in the grocery store (or anywhere really). I'm always that irritating person who is passing everyone!

Erika said...

What?? Frosted Flakes is like bottom tier of the bad cereals. The winners there are definitely Lucky Charms and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. But I'm with you on chalk- I HATE the way it feels. And although I love the idea of kids drawing with sidewalk chalk, I hate how messy it is, how it gets all over their clothes and skin, how I'll almost certainly have to touch the chalk myself to clean it up, and worst of all, how people will then walk through the chalk art on the driveway for the next however many days/weeks until it rains, and then walk CHALK FOOTPRINTS all over the floors in the house. KILL ME NOW.

Emily said...

I LOVEEEE Keira Knightly P&P; I watch the movie at least once a year. I've also never seen the Colin Firth one AND I have not read the book (although I read the modern one, Elligible) so I have much more shame. :) I also hate how dryer sheets and strong detergent smell; one time I got a bag of little boys clothes from a friend but the detergent was so strong that I just donated them all without wearing one. Your fear - SOOOO CREEPY. I have goosebumps just reading that story.