Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Easter 2018: The Strep Throat Edition

I mentioned briefly last week that we didn't really get to celebrate Easter as Drew was diagnosed with strep throat on Friday. We missed the big 2's first soccer games, an Easter celebration at my parents' house with all my cousins, aunts, and uncles, the Easter service at church, and Easter lunch at Brent's parents. I was initially really bummed, but Brent decided we should make the best of it and still try and do some fun things with the kiddos - he's a sweetie when it comes to our kiddos!

First up, no one had school on Good Friday, so I was super bummed when Drew woke me up at 4:00 AM saying her throat hurt, and she had a fever. She's never had strep throat, but I figured that's what it had to be. I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened, and yup, it was strep.


She's mothering Paige even sick - so cute.

We knew this would mean lots of home time, so we busted out a lot of outside toys for the kiddos.

Paige is LOVING Trent's old mowers

You know she's sick if she naps!

Some Motrin and antibiotics make everyone feel better, right?
Also, Paige's hair is my absolute favorite!

Saturday morning Montessori kid activities

We had a water gun fight Saturday night, and Trent was prepared for WAR.
Drew took forever to find a bathing suit she wanted to wear.
The difference between boys and girls, am I right?


Saturday, Brent had to take a table and chairs to my parents' house since we decided to not go {SO SAD}, but he brought home a lot of food and eggs for us to hide for the kids on Sunday morning. I love how much our families take care of us!!

Ready to hunt!

Hunting


No clue what is happening or why she has this basket



She brought me Drew's underwear to wear, so cute.

Paige completely did not understand hunting eggs,
but she enjoyed taking Drew's eggs and putting them into her basket!


Trying her first kolache - yum!

REALLY wanting to ride this - luckily T and D have taken her for a few spins!

My mother-in-law stopped by for a little bit Sunday and risked exposure to strep to bring us Easter dinner and a pinata for the kids. Because they obviously needed more candy, ha.








Again had no clue what was going on, and we didn't let her eat any candy,
but she certainly liked picking the pieces up!




And it only took me a week and a half, but that was our weird version of Easter. Here's hoping next year is back to normal!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Yall certainly made the best of it! I love reading your blog involving both you and Brent's families! IF I ever find someone I want that kind of involvement (more from his side since well, you know) Love P's outfit and her little bow :)

Natasha said...

I'm so sorry your Easter was impacted by strep. Blah.

I hope everyone is on the mend now.

And yes, Easter was an overload of candy for our kids too -- and we didn't even give them any :)