Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Grow Baby Grow {Drew} - 6 Months

6 months!  How is she 6 months? {This shock seems to be a recurring theme for me lately, huh?} I feel like this was a big month for our girl.

Looking a little tired here today...after day 1 of daycare, ha

Stats:
Weight: 14 pounds, 10 ozs. (25%)~15 pounds (well check is Friday)
Length: 25 1/2" (25-50%)
Head circumference: 43.2 cm (79-90%)
Diapers: Size 2 (size 3 at night) in disposables & 1 snap down in cloth
Clothing size: 3-6 months in everything, jammies are starting to get a little snug in the length but everything else fits perfect!
Nicknames: Sugar foot (courtesy of Daddy), Drew Baby, Baby Girl, Little Bit, Sister
  • Still loving those feet! And I finally got a picture!! Sometimes she tries to  eat them both which makes me laugh.

  • Super interested in food. I feel bad eating while holding her because I think she would take it away from me if she was fast enough. We plan to start solids over the 4th holiday. So excited! Although, if I'm being honest, I'm not ready for real food poops!
  • Is finally rolling from tummy to back but only in her crib. I have yet to actually see her do it, I just see the after effects on the monitor. And she only does it after waking up. She's weird. ;)
  • Still loves to chew on things. Everything goes in her mouth!

  • She grabs for anything within reach.
  • And is really starting to get interested in toys. And Ms. Thing will let you know if she doesn't like what you are trying to offer her!


  • Much happier and expressive. She used to be so difficult to get to smile and giggle, now we can get them pretty easily. She is also talking a ton and has learned to SQUEAL!!! I love listening to her talk on the monitor.
  • Got her first Nana-made outfit.


  • She still doesn't have any teeth. I love her gummy grin, and I think it will be bittersweet when her teeth pop through. She will look adorable with teeth, but it will be more proof of how fast she is growing!
  • Can ALMOST sit up unassisted. She kind of does that tri-pod sit and before long folds in half.


  • We had our first fever this month, our first doses of Tylenol and another cold. Ugh. I hate when she's sick.  Partly because she's pitiful and partly because it means we're up a lot more at night (ha).
  • Loves to drink water...and hold the cup! I think she is going to love food when we start.
  • Started daycare on July 1. I could probably do an entire post about it but won't (you're welcome). She is doing really good (but not sleeping great, as expected). According to her teachers (who I love), she isn't eating great from her bottles (as expected) but is adorable (duh).
First day at daycare picture {don't I look lovely?}


  •  All around adorable. {grin}



2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

She's a peanut compared to Shelbs! Shelby was nearly 18 pounds at her 6-month appt 2 weeks ago!

Rachel said...

Gummy grins really are just the sweetest thing! I was definitely sad when m got her first tooth!

Happy 6 months :)