Thursday, March 17, 2011

Easy Recipe: BBQ Chicken Pizza

It's been awhile since I blogged abut pizza.  I really like pizza.  Brent LOVES pizza.  Trent has had a few bites of it and seems to be following in his daddy's footsteps.  So I decided I should make it myself to be able to control the ingredients.  One of my favorite kinds is bar-b-que chicken.  Yumm-o!  And this recipe is SUPER easy - the only way I roll.  My only complains is that H-E-B doesn't have whole wheat crust, so I'll have to look around for that next.

Ingredients:
Pizza crust
2 cups cooked chicken cubes (I bought pre-cooked in the freezer section - super easy)
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1 1/2 cups grated Colby Jack cheese (I use low-fat)
red onions, bell peppers - chopped (Let's be honest - this isn't happening at the Gurley house!)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Mix together chicken and BBQ sauce
Roll out pizza crust
Layer 1/2 the cheese, the chicken mixture, then cheese (and veggies, if using)
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes
Enjoy!

Next time I might put some pineapple on it and see if I can sneak in some fruit for our picky baby boy!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Sounds good. We eat cup o noodle right now, or anything we can eat in 5 seconds!

Kelly said...

YUM! YUM! This looks really good. Here is a super easy homemade pizza crust recipe and who can use whole wheat flour:

Homemade Pizza

2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
1 tbsp cooking oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare pizza pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add liquids and stir to incorporate dry ingredients. Knead dough by hand 6-8 times on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough thinly. Place rolled dough onto prepared pizza pan. Bruh crut with olive oil and add favorite sauce and toppings. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes, depending on crust thickness.

plauschinat said...

Will have to give it a try because we love making pizza at home.

Jenna Schrock said...

I'm craving for some pizza and barbeque! I hope I'm totally healed next week so that I can cook and eat this recipe. I had dental implants in Los Angeles last week. God, it was really painful! Thankfully my dentist gave effective pain relievers.