Friday, January 16, 2009

Date is SET!!

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, and I scheduled our appointment to find out exactly what this baby is - mark your calendars for February 6!! I can't wait!! Yesterday our baby's heartbeat was in the 150s and I found the below online:

There is an old wives tale that supposedly predicts the baby's gender based on how fast or slow the heart is beating. Supposedly, if the fetal heart rate is above 140 you are expecting a girl. However, if the heart rate is below 140, it is supposed to be a boy. There is no evidence or statistical proof to support this theory.

IF this were to be true, we'd be having a girl. However, back in 1980, my parents were told I'd be a boy based on my heart rate...and that obviously wasn't true! I am curious if that has actually proven true for anyone - please comment and let me know!

1 comments:

STACEY said...

Yup, Reagan’s heart rate was always 150’s-160’s. I can’t wait for y’all to find out! The 6th isn’t too far away!