Thursday, January 8, 2009

Bigger

Today I had an epiphany. I realized that (as this is my first pregnancy) every day I will be the biggest I have ever been in my life. Every day my baby (and therefore my belly) will grow. Maybe sometimes by an immeasurable amount and maybe sometimes by a lot. But isn't that a crazy thought??

The last few days I feel like my stomach has doubled in size, and it's such an awe-inspriring process. I find myself obsessing and comparing my belly to other people's when they were as far along as me (especially my sister as I have tons of belly pictures of her). I wonder if I am bigger or smaller, if my baby is 'sitting' higher or lower. It really consumes my thoughts 75% of the time (realistically probably more). I'm reading 'The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy', which is so hilarious, and the author says the same thing - pregnancy consumes you. I always figured it would be something amazing and wonderful but never THIS amazing or THIS wonderful. I probably sound really sappy, but I think if you've been there, you'd agree, and if you haven't, you will agree one day.

Hopefully I'm not boring anyone with my pregnancy ramblings, because I imagine there will be lots more rambling and epiphanies to come over the remaining 6+ months of this pregnancy!

P.S. - In case anyone was curious, still no Baby Tallent!! And congrats to Christina and Todd on your pregnancy! Is it just me or is everyone I know pregnant??

3 comments:

Heather said...

It's amazing, amazing amazing! One you will cherish forever!

STACEY said...

It is amazing & wonderful indeed! I’m still just so happy for you two!!

The Watkins Family said...

You're not boring me with your pregnancy ramblings, just making me want to be pregnant along with you!!! It's awesome.