Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Life Lately

We've been back in school for just about a month and are rocking right along...mostly! I'm volunteering in 2 libraries {anyone surprised?}, wrangling kids for activities - Drew and Paige are dancing and Trent will start basketball soon!, and just managing life.

I'm sorry but she is so cute in her dance outfit!

A few weeks ago, one of my dearest friends lost her mother. My heart is so sad for her - she's been sick for a few years but her death was unexpected - she was such a fun and generous mother, and I know she leaves a hole in Kelly's heart. Well, we got together one Saturday to get her out of the house and went to the cutest local boutique and coffee shop! I got some really cute stuff and already have some ideas for Christmas.


Our loonies

THEY FOUND A SNAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone remember last spring when Drew had strep 4 times in a row? And we went to the ENT and touched on her frequent nose bleeds? Well, we finally went back to have her nose looked at again. I kept telling Drew this appointment wouldn't hurt - reminder that she SCREAMED and pitched a huge fit over the throat culture - because I thought we'd leave with an appointment to have her nose cauterized. Welp, we were able to chemically cauterize her nose in the appointment, which was great news because no anesthesia or hospital co-pay, but also bad because it DID hurt my girl! 

Mad at her mama AGAIN leaving the ENT

We had book club last weekend and read The Alchemist. Kit and Heather were our lovely hosts always have themes relevant to our books - it always adds a little something extra.

Heather is co-owner of an amazing cookie-making company, Doughmestic Batches.
Not only were they so cute and on-point, they were delicious!

Keeping covered for a journey through the Middle East

I just thought the other day how we'd made it a month of school with no one being sick...and of course, I got a call yesterday for poor Paigey!

Big yawn from the tired girl whose ear hurts. :(

I'm finishing up my re-watch of Downton Abbey in anticipation of the movie - anyone else ready and excited?!?!

3 comments:

Natasha said...

I'm sorry Drew had to experience pain at her appointment but I'm happy that it's all fixed (hopefully).

Those book club cookies are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

And that reminds me that I need to watch the last season (series?) of Downton Abbey. We got stalled right at the end -- gasp.

Kathryn Bagley said...

So glad you got to meet up with Kelly. I remember borrowing a dress from you for my dad's service since I had no clothes! You're the best :)

Emily said...

I very randomly caught an interview with my favorite radio morning show and the cast of the Downtown abbey movie. The cast is hilarious! I never watched the show but the movie does sound pretty cool.