Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dr. Appt #2 of the Week

Today was another appointment for the Gurley gurls. In the last 2 weeks, we've had 4 doctor's appointments - I'm worn out! 

Today I started therapy for post-partum issues. Ugh. I'm so irritated/upset/disappointed/ frustrated/angry to be here again. Everyone in my life {and I} talk about how much better I am this time around. It's only a small consolation because I so don't want to be here again at all. 

I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of being scared. I'm tired of worrying. I'm tired of being anxious. I'm tired of trying to figure it all out.

I keep trying to remember we are only 7 weeks in. Drew is still a newborn, and no one snaps their fingers and adjusts to a change like this easily. It's just hard trying to figure out how to be Drew's mom and Trent's mom and Brent's wife and Allena.

So anyway...therapy. 

I would say it was a good appointment. Of course I cried a lot. And I've cried on and off all afternoon. My therapist said it was a good problem to have - to care too much about your children. So there is that. {grin} I have some homework for the next week, and she says she has an arsenal of things we can try, and she is optimistic. She said she's proud of me for seeking treatment this early, and that a lot of moms don't come in until 10 or 11 months. So there is that. {grin}

I will keep you guys posted as I go through this journey...again. Ugh.

2 comments:

Adventures of Three Harts said...

Thinking of you!

Kelly said...

First, I am so thankful that Drew's head is totally fine! Whew! Second, I am sorry you are going through this rough time but I think you are handling everything great!! Therapy is a good thing and Allena, just because you are going to therapy does not mean you have failed or that anything is wrong, bad, etc. It is just you and how you process and deal. I am so proud of you. Really.