Sunday, November 30, 2014

Gobble On

We had such a great Thanksgiving! This time of year is for sure my favorite. I get giddy {giddier} and cheesy {cheesier}. Brent would probably muzzle me if that were considered acceptable behavior.

Tuesday was my sister's birthday and Trent's Thanksgiving feast at school, so I took a half day from work. I brought my sister Starbucks and worked from her house for a few hours. Her kids were so confused why I was there without my kids!

Happy birthday to the best sister ever!

When I got to Trent's lunch he told me 'This is the best day ever!' If that doesn't melt your heart!


After I got the kids from school, we went to my parents. My mom was keeping Patty's kids so she could go out with friends for her birthday.


Trying to get a picture of all 5. Yeah, it went super great.

We SO deserved some wine!

Clean baby ready for bed

Wednesday the kids didn't have school. We stayed home and were bums. 

Starving! When are the cinnamon rolls going to be done?!?!
Guess how much they ate? About 1/4 of one together.

By Wednesday evening, we were a little stir crazy {I even started cleaning if that tells you anything}. Rhonda invited us over to play for a bit and have dinner. Trent plays great with Rhonda's girls, and he couldn't get in the car fast enough.

This makes my heart happy. Friends!

My 2 turkeys laying on our bathroom rugs under Drew's blankets.

We spend Thanksgiving Day with Brent's family, Brent got to do some hunting too, and the day after relaxing at home. {No Black Friday shopping for me - that would be more like torture!} Trent spent the night with Brent's parents, so he was in HEAVEN.

Saturday we celebrated with my mom's family. We also celebrated my dad's birthday {which was Friday} and again my sister's. It was a fun birthday because my sister turned 36 and my dad 63. My grandpa died when he was 62, so I was especially thankful to celebrate this birthday with my dad. I pray I get a lot more birthdays with my dad then he got with his.

Happy birthday to 2 of my favorites!

We also took a picture as a family for my parents' Christmas card. Again, it isn't an easy fete to get 5 kids to smile, look at the camera, and not act like torture victims.

#fail

I'd say he enjoyed himself.

Trent went with me to Target today, and he was so sweet and adorable, I bought him about a million things. My mom bought us a little tree for our apartment {it makes me both happy and sad, ha}, so Trent insisted we needed ornaments for it. And he HAD to have a snow globe. And some books. And a new Christmas t-shirt. 

My excellent shopping date

I rounded out the weekend with a movie date with some of my book club ladies. We saw Mockingjay Part 1. I'd say it was a pretty perfect weekend!

2 comments:

the blogivers said...

Sounds like a pretty perfect long holiday weekend to me, too! Also, I have to add that in the pic of you and your sis with your Starbucks drinks, you totally look like a Noxzema commercial with all that perfect skin :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

It looks like a perfect week.

I'm still jealous that you work from home...